Selling Moving Services or Anything Else for that Matter
“You should always lead with selling value versus selling on price.” ~ Andrea Sittig-Rolf
There are only 20 more Selling Days in August and 41 remaining in the Quarter!!!
Set Yourself Up To Succeed.
Over the years I have learned the key to success in building value in your products and services lies in asking the right questions in the beginning of the sales process, to gather the information that points to the decision-making criteria of your customers.
For example, if you sell relocation services you might ask the following open-ended questions of your prospects and customers:
- What prompted you to call for an moving quote?
- What company are you with now-who moved you previously?
- What type of services are you looking for?
- How many services do you have now and are you looking to change that?
- Who else will you get a quote-contract/agreement from before making your final decision?
- What are some of the deciding factors when making your decision on the moving company that you are going to use?
Asking open-ended questions allows your prospect to do the talking and tell you what his hot buttons are.
At the end of the sales process, when you’ve given the quote for the relocation, if your prospect tells you it’s too expensive, you can say something like, “You know you mentioned in the beginning of our conversation that you once had a bad experience with the way the move was handled. Tell me more about that.”
When you’ve built the value of your company by sharing stories of positive experiences your current customers have had, price may no longer be an issue because you’ve shown that your company can take away the pain of a bad experience in dealing with bad experiences in a positive manner.
Go out and have a Great Selling Day and make a difference in at least on person’s life today.