Moving Resources - Movers’ Associations
U. S. and Regional
- AMSA (American Moving & Storage Association). The U.S. national trade association for the moving industry. Represents 3,500 moving companies and suppliers. Headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia.
- MMA Missouri Movers Association, Inc. The Missouri Movers Association is a trade association representing over 75 movers in Missouri since 1977. Our number one goal: Positive consumer move experiences. To support our mission MMA provides several useful links and consumer friendly tools for your use while planning a move.
- FMWA (Florida Movers and Warehousemen's Association). Founded in 1979.
- IMAWA (Illinois Movers and Warehousemen's Association). Springfield IL.
- FIATA - Fédération Internationale des Associations de Transitaires et Assimilés (International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations)
- FIDI The International Federation of International Movers (Fédération Internationale des Déménageurs Internationaux), is a global organisation representing fully qualified professional international moving companies around the world.
- HHGFAA (Household Goods Forwarders Association of America). Non-profit trade association. Worldwide membership of 2,000 companies in the U.S. and over 170 countries. Recently changed name to the International Association of Movers (IAM).
- IAM (International Association of Movers) formerly HHGFAA. A non-profit global trade association representing over 2000 quality movers and related service providers in over 170 countries worldwide. Founded 1962, Headquarters office in Washington, DC.
- IATA (The International Air Transport Association) is an international trade organization of airlines headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- ISA (International Shippers Association) Cooperative buying group for international movers. Affliated with HHGFAA and IAM. Headquartered in Washington DC
- LACMA (Latin American & Caribbean International Movers Association) represents professional movers from Latin America, the Caribbean, United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Middle East and Far East.
- OMNI (Overseas Moving Network International).
- PAIMA (Pan American International Movers Association) includes list of members, company objectives, board of directors, member application, and convention registration.
Tips from a